China Spits Venom, Says the Country Never ‘Acknowledged’ Arunachal
- China said that it had never acknowledged the existence of Arunachal Pradesh
- Chinese troops marched to some 200 meters close to a village in upper Siang district
- Chinese soldiers intruded in Arunachal Pradesh during the same time when the National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and his Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi had held the 20th round of border talks in New Delhi on December 22
On the media report of intrusion of Chinese troops into the Indian side of Arunachal Pradesh, Chinese Government kept its lips sealed and on Wednesday, China said that it had never acknowledged the existence of Arunachal Pradesh.
Geng Shuang, the Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman responded after a media report which said about Chinese troops intrusion into the Indian territory in Arunachal Pradesh. As per the report, Chinese troops marched to some 200 meters close to a village in upper Siang district.
Geng responded, “First of all on the border issue our position is clear and consistent. We never acknowledged the existence of so called Arunachal Pradesh. And if the specific situation you mentioned, I am not even aware of it.”
China has never termed Arunachal Pradesh as part of India and the country always claims that the state is part of South Tibet. The India-China border dispute covered 3,488 km along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
As per the report, the Chinese troops reportedly crossed the Indo-China border with the construction machinery last month and were stopped by Indian soldiers. Reportedly, the Chinese troops left the construction equipment on the Indian side.
The Chinese spokeperson further added, “I want to mention that between China and India there is a well-developed mechanism for border related affairs. Through this mechanism, China and India could manage the border affairs. Maintaining peace and stability at the border suits both China and India.”
When Geng was asked if there could be another standoff between India and China similar to Indo-China Doklam Standoff, Geng said, “The standoff that happened last year has been resolved properly.”
The report elaborates that the Chinese soldiers intruded in Arunachal Pradesh during the same time when the National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and his Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi had held the 20th round of border talks in New Delhi on December 22.
When Geng was asked about the outcome of the border talk that held on December 22, he said, “Both sides made clear that the two countries will work together for the continuous improvement of China-India ties. The two sides will jointly maintain peace stability of the border areas.”
SIKKIM-STANDOFF: HOW THE CONCLUSION CAME
The Doklam standoff began on June 16 in 2017. It started when the People’s Liberation Army’s troops coerced to build a road in the Doklam area, which is a part of Bhutan, which according to the Indian Army, could have seriously affected Chicken-Neck, the narrow stretch that connects India with the other Northeastern states. Both the countries with mutual understanding, withdrew their troops from borders.
China Foreign Ministry confirmed that Indian forces withdrew their forces but the Chinese forces continued to patrol in the region. Only after the confirmation, the Chinese Army called its troops back from the border. Later, the Ministry of External Affairs confirmed that India and China had agreed to the expeditious disengagement of border personnel at the faceoff site in Dokalam.
(Image Courtesy: PTI)